Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ice Cream Please!!!

Pity how a happy memory can suddenly become sad just by a twist of ensuing events.

Anyway, I can’t help writing with ice cream in mind, in this über hot weather. Besides, I need my dose of happy thoughts.

**********************

I’m a chocolate cake kind of girl. But when it comes to sheer amount, range and frequency of consumption, ice cream would be it. It would still be the chocolate-flavored ones that top my list though J

Particularly Germanchokolatekake flavor of ColdStone (too bad wala na yung nasa Powerplant). It’s composed of chocolate ice cream, pecans, coconut, brownie, and caramel (for extra I have almonds added in). It’s the best I’ve encountered so far.
I’ve tasted Haagen Daz, Dryers, Baskin Robbins, and recently, ColdRock’s version of chocolate, but none has quite captured the taste of Coldstone, especially Germanchokolatekake.

I think the ice cream flavor I like is similar to how I am. Dark and mysterious (hehehe, joke). At the sound (and spelling!) of it, it looks complicated, proud, foreign, aloof, intimidating even. Unafraid of saying what it thinks it is. Self-and-others-indulgent. Particular, meticulous. But once you’ve encountered it, all the things that made it what it is, turns out to be an excitingly comforting, familiar bunch of traits. You will find out you’re drawn, because you can just be yourself with it. At the end of the day, it’s still just one of those stuff out there that you can love or hate but by its sheer strength and special stamp, it will never fade away.



****************
Lesson of the day: Our favorite things reflect how we are, that’s why they become our favorites. Or the other way around: When something becomes very interesting and likeable, we tend to find ways to make ourselves become like it. J

No comments: