Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Unbearable Angel

As of this posting, this poem is now dedicated to myself. So much for self-absorption. I'd rather dedicate to myself than to ehem. And so the title of my blogsite. I actually like Unbearable Angel. It conjures just the right amount of misery and beauty --the same stuff that fills this very blog. Happy blogging, Nica.

***************

Unbearable Angel
By: Hanica Pacis


Your soft eyes pierce,
betraying a wealth of secret promises.
Your easy smile clutches on to me,
like an invisible kiss that affirms
it is us both in this desire.

Your calculated warmth envelopes me.
The heat stings,
yet I tremble like the flicker
of a candlewick’s fire
under a teasing wind.
A slow burn in your presence.

I collapse under your gaze.
I have no choice but to cave in to your words,
to drink up your beauty,
to bathe in your fiery glow.

Wrapped around your finger,
I don’t want to untangle from here.
Wrap me up, unbearable angel,
let your devilish charm
torture this poor heart.

In this miserable ebb,
I wait on forever
to feel your breath
to touch your smile
to swim in the pools
of your eyes.

I’m unable to depart
this unescapable love
for an unclaimable soul,
an unbearable angel.

No comments: